Problems of the Age
Chronic illness, including changes happening at a cellular level (for example cancer is the uncontrolled division of abnormal cells), auto immune disease (the system that would normally protect you starts attacking you), hormonal imbalances leading to sleep disturbances and mood swings including irritability and anger, sugar cravings, high/low blood pressure, PMS, low/high libido, addictions/obsessions/
(1) Information Overload including increase in complexity of tasks and conflicting messages. Exposed to masses of information all trying to form / mould you (including e.g.; advertising / social structure / history competing to engineer us). Not easy to know what is relevant / no clear way to filter out useless. All of this is causing a bottleneck of stress and inability to process. Also a constant bombardment of discordant vibrations.
(2) We are living in a time of great paradox: Fast Pace and Less Time. More Global and More Individual and a breakdown of community. Fewer boundaries and More Demand for Political Separation
(3) Emphasis on the technological and Material side of Life bringing increased complexity, deferred responsibility and lack of human contact.
(4) Success is Measured by our Stamina and Constant Peak Performance.
(5) Illusion of Choice. All knowledge and information is available at the touch of a button but to choose wisely assumes that we have a reference point from which to assess our real needs and determine our values.
What’s happening in technology puts particular demands on us
We need faster processing power.
More information storage capacity
Greater Complexity; because there are multi levels, for example within an organization there is less predictability. There is also greater accountability through greater tracking. This means that karmic consequences are more immediate.
More networking and less boundaries. Communication is global which changes the power relationships.
Pollutants and radiation puts an increased demand on our endocrine and hormonal systems. All of this leads to an Increased sensitivity and load on the C.N.S (central nervous system)
Now that we are transitioning out of the Piscean Age and into the Age of Aquarius we are becoming aware that;
Info and knowledge are not enough we need wisdom. Knowledge becomes wisdom when it becomes your personal experience. We need to reconcile & integrate the spiritual side of life with the material side so that we can find value & meaning.
The breakup of communities and the unpredictable nature of the times means we are more fearful and insecure. The antidote is more love and unity.
Our actions either directly or indirectly affect many others. We cannot live as though we are in isolation.
What Is Needed?
Technological complexity will continue unabated so to increase stamina and constantly performing at our peak we need to go inward and regenerate.
Less predictability means we need to become more intuitive so that we find ourselves in the right place at the right time successfully engaged in the right activity.
To appreciate change and learning as lifelong and continuous. Learning how to learn. The many levels and subtleties to learning requires flexibility and adaptability; mentally, emotionally and physically. This means being prepared to let all preconceptions die to discover something new.
Clarity comes from embedded core values and a vertical axis to keep the spiritual alive. A reference point acts as an directive to know when to act and when not to. It is like a rudder to guide and steer us in the right direction when seas are choppy and calm.
We need an integration of the spiritual side of life with the material side. We need a spiritual fitness to give meaning. We over identify with the ego mind which makes us forget our relative value and limitations.
Intellect is not enough we need in-tell-igence. An abundance of knowledge will no longer represent empowerment. It gives the illusion that so much is possible, the illusion of control. In fact it adds to the confusion. Guidance comes from embedded ‘core values’ that open up our capacity to relate intuitively via a sense of the infinite to the unity of the uni-verse.
The coming age will be governed by increased sensitivity and whether we can live with this. People will numb out more. ‘Cold Depression’ will become more widespread. We need the capacity to read the context & relate universally to have a healthy sense of proportion and perspective.