- How to Help the Spleen Perform to Its Best Ability - Although most of us have spleens, we do not typically suppose the manner they perform as organs in our bodies. You’ve probably heard people use the phrase “venting spleen” – not relating the piece itself, however as the simplest way to explain lease out anger or frustration. The word “spleen” has return to […]
- Detoxing. The Kundalini Yoga Perspective - Detox There is a modern fashion with ‘going on a detox’, which normally implies restricting certain foods, a mono diet or even fasting on water and herbal teas or juices. It is counter-intuitive to think that if you have less you feel more – more energised and more light! The protein myth, in particular, perpetuates […]
- A new understanding of the mind-body connection - All of us are experiencing the struggle that goes with transition and transformation. In astrological terms we are on the cusp between the Piscean and Aquarian ages. In our human evolution we have passed through the summer season, it is now late summer when the heat is being burnt out through the leaves, and the […]
- The Liver | The Teacher - Understanding the Liver in Traditional Chinese Herbal Medicine (The Teacher)
- Kidneys | The Wise Ones - The Kidneys (the wise ones) and how to keep them healthy according to Chinese medicine.
- The Lungs | The Artist - Understanding The Lungs (The Artist) and How to Keep Them Healthy in Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- Mantra, shabd and the yoga of sound - Shabd Guru – the yoga of sound Kundalini yoga uses mantras and shabds during meditations and they form an important part of Kundalini yoga classes and teacher training. They are used because shabd guru is a particularly powerful solution to the problems of the times. Sha = the ego. Bd = to cut. It is […]
- Presence and Power, Attitude and Energy - Attitude and Energy There are many claims made for healing at an energetic level and many claiming ?everything is just energy? Thankfully most people don’t expect to be completely healed by visiting a health practitioner and often the most stubborn health issue/s (usually one or two) don’t ever completely resolve however long you have treatment […]
- Your organs are characters in the story of your life - Healing from the inside out Considering the story of your life; every organ is a character with a special role to play. Depending on health and lifestyle choices, organs can become friends or foes. Learn how to harmonize your inner supporting cast; achieving inner health, harmony and peace. Your organs are people! The 10 major […]
- The eternal soul - Despite all of our efforts to keep healthy the body is complex and paradoxical. After the loss of our premature baby boy at 15 hours old it was revealed that my wife had liver disease from an unknown cause and needed a new one. Life’s big challenges, and a regular kundalini yoga practice, remind us […]
Yoga, Meditation and Numerology Tags
add Addiction antioxidants anxiety asanas Cleanse Consciousness depression detoxing dharma disturbed sleep patterns eating energy Fasting Feng Shui gallbladder healing healing sounds Health heart Herbs karma Kidneys Kundalini yoga Kundalini yoga teacher training lifestyle Liver lungs mantra mantras Meditation meditations Numerology Nutrition ocd soul Spleen tea teas the mind Vitality Yoga yoga postures yoga training yogic process